Orthophosphates are found in natural waters and wastewaters. They are commonly added to drinking water as a corrosion inhibitor. The instantaneous analysis of orthophosphates by colorimetric determination provides rapid results using a standard analysis technique.
Ideal for coral reef tanks and fresh and salt water aquariums
Phosphate directly inhibits calcification by corals and coralline algae - even at low levels. The health of plants in freshwater aquaria will also be impaired by raised levels of phosphate in the water. Phosphate naturally occurs as waste decomposes in coral reef, salt and fresh water aquariums. While it does not directly harm fish when levels are high, resulting green algae growth can deplete the oxygen levels in water. Corals can lose their colour due to the effects of brown algae.
The optimum phosphate level - particularly for reef tanks - is often quoted as zero or 0.05 mg/L (ppm).
With its ability to register the presence of phosphate in salt and fresh water at extremely low levels, the new Hanna Phosphate Checker offers a real 'must-have' addition to the fish lover's equipment chest.
- Testing is quick and easy
- High precision results - more accurate than chemical test kits
- Auto shut-off feature means the Checker cannot be left on by mistake
- Fully portable, fitting easily into both palm and pocket
- Fits nicely into your palm or pocket
- 2 sample cuvettes and caps
- Starter pack of reagents x 6 (re-ordering information HI-713-25 x 25 tests)
- 1 x 1.5 AAA battery
- Coral reef tanks
- Salt water aquarium
- Fresh water fish keeping
- Natural, waste, agricultural and drinking waters