The KHManager is a specialised, app controlled, stand-alone device, which automatically samples and tests your tank water, then calculates and doses a precise volume of KH solution to maintain a constant alkalinity level within your aquarium.
The expandable multi-element dosing functionality uses built-in software to enable you to integrate the KHManager with specific D-D dosing pumps, allowing other elements, such as Calcium and Magnesium, to be automatically calculated and dosed relative to the measured KH usage.
Developed in partnership between D-D and Kamoer for the European market, the KHManager combines Kamoer’s experience in the manufacture of high precision medical grade dosing equipment, with D-D's knowledge and understanding of the specific requirements for control of the alkalinity within a modern reef aquarium.
The stepper motor-driven pump heads, precision pH probe, twin optical sensors, automatic stirring and flushing protocols are all important features that ensure each test sample is collected, tested and dosed with the greatest possible accuracy. Unexpected high or low readings, (out of trend), are automatically retested to safeguard against sample errors and user-defined limits alert against over or under dosing outside of set parameters.
Automatic and Manual Testing
In the app it is possible to manually perform an immediate test with the KH Manager or to set up a regular automated testing schedule.
Automatic schedules can be programmed to test between 1 and 24 times per day, this can be every day of the week, certain days of the week or a set number of days, giving the user full flexibility.
After each test the result is shown on the units display for quick reference along with the time/date the test was performed, if an automatic schedule is set the time/date of the next test will also be displayed. In the app a full data log is shown for both pH and KH along with any automatic additions of KH buffer solution if the dosing option is activated.
Automated dosing of KH Buffer
Automated KH maintenance can be activated to maintain a stable and consistent level. Once the test has been performed a dedicated built in dosing channel will activate to add a liquid buffer raising the KH in the aquarium to the user defined set point.
The amount of buffer added in one dose can be limited to avoid any large single additions. If the volume to be dosed is higher than the amount allowed in one addition an automatic dosing schedule will be created to break the dose into smaller increments over a period of time and displayed in the app.
Settings in the app allow for the use of the standard Kamoer KH buffer or any other brand of KH buffer solution.
WiFi Cloud or Bluetooth App Control
The KH Manager is fully app controlled through your smart phone or tablet. The free app download is available in both IOS and Android versions.
Using the Kamoer Remote app it is possible to choose between connecting the pump through your home router allowing access to the unit from anywhere in the world or use a local Bluetooth connection to connect directly from your mobile device. Both options will give you full access to all settings.
The app allows calibration, firmware updates (when connected via a home router), testing schedules, data monitoring as well as testing mode and dosing modes to be set.
Included with the KH Manager
- KH Manager unit
- pH Probe
- Glass sample beaker
- 5ml Glass measuring cylinder
- 10ml Measuring cylinder
- High precision digital scales
- pH 4 and 9.18 Calibration solutions
- KH test reagent
- 5 x 2m colour coded PVC tubes
- Tube holder
- Quick release twist lock hose connectors
- Stirring bead
- Prefilter capsule
- Power supply
Warnings and Alerts
With any equipment that is relied upon to perform automated processes on a reef aquarium, it is important that any abnormalities are shown in real time so that any issues can be corrected.
Along with the inbuilt monitoring of the dosing, reagent and waste containers, (if used), the KH Manager will alert when attention is needed and various alert parameters can be set or are already active.
Push notifications can be enabled for test results that are out of your set range, such as, if a test result is abnormal compared to the last, if the reagent is not detecting properly or if the pH probe is not reading correctly. There is also an in app notification which prompts you to recalibrate the unit that will show after reset conditions.
The KH Manager can also be set to perform an automatic second test to confirm an abnormal reading or automatically increase the rate of testing until the KH is within the desired range. The LCD display on the front of the unit will show high, low, or normal with the last tested KH and pH readings for quick reference.
Colour Coded tubes
For ease of use the hose connection ports on the back of the unit are colour coded and match the hoses provided with the unit. This allows you to identify each hose without having to chase it back through your cabinet, and will help to prevent hoses being mixed up or incorrect installation. Easy release twist lock connectors make connecting and disconnecting hoses simple, even in a confined space.
Dosing pump heads
As standard the KH Manager comes with four easy to access dosing pumps. Three of the pumps are stepper motor driven and high accuracy, these are used for taking the sample water from the aquarium or sump, dosing the test reagent and for the addition of the KH buffer solution. The fourth is a long life geared pump for removing water from the test beaker during the pre-test flushing and washing cycles.
All hoses leading to and from the pump heads can be easily changed and accessed without having to dismantle the unit or requiring the use of any specialist tools. A hinged magnetic side panel allows simple access to the pump heads and ph probe connector.
• Fully automated KH testing and solution dosing functions
• Expandable for automatic multi-element dosing via optional E1 connection box and add-on pump
• App controlled by Cloud Wi-Fi or local Bluetooth on IOS or Android devices
• Built-in LCD display screen showing status, progress and real-time testing
• Twin medical grade optical sensors for accurate reagent drop counting
• High precision stepper motor-driven pump heads using PharMed® long-life tubing
• Pump heads can be individually calibrated and easily serviced
• Data and programming stored on unit in case of power or connection loss
• Lab-grade pH probe
• DIN port for connection and expansion with other D-D/ Kamoer dosing pumps
• Colour-coded tubing and ports for ease of identification
• Glass test beaker with automated magnetic stirrer and large stirring bead
• Digital scales and measuring cylinders included for accurate pump calibration
• Real-time clock with battery backup
• Slim, compact housing for easy installation, maintenance and use
• Automatic and manual test mode functions
• 1 - 24 tests per day
• Testing frequency, daily / every ‘X’ days / specific days
• User-defined settings:
- set KH level
- minimum / maximum pH and KH levels
- maximum KH solution additions and intervals
- re-testing in the case of an abnormal high/low reading
- test beaker flushing frequency (up to 10 times per test)
• In-app notifications:
- data reporting on test results and dosing volumes
- graphs showing historical pH and KH test results
- display of test reagent, KH solution and wastewater bottle levels
• Push alerts for abnormal readings or low/high solution levels
• Automatic calibration alerts
• Firmware updatable via the Kamoer Remote app
- 230mm (L) x 120mm (W) x 338mm (H)
- 2.8 inch LCD display
- 24V 1.9A DC Power supply
- 3mm x 5mm PVC tubing
- 1-24 test per day
- 50ml sample volume
- 1-10 times test beaker flushing
- Testing frequency, daily / every ‘X’ days / specific days
- 3 x Stepper motor pump heads
- 1 x Geared motor pump head
- BNC pH probe connector